Palm Springs, California is a popular tourist destination known for its hot springs, palm tree-lined streets, and stunning mountain views. While it may have a reputation for being an expensive place to live, there are actually several factors that make it an affordable option for those looking to call Palm Springs home, and the team at Platinum Star Properties is here to help. Here are five things that make it affordable to live in Palm Springs, California.
1. Lower cost of living compared to other California cities While California is known for its high cost of living, Palm Springs is actually more affordable compared to other cities in the state like San Francisco or Los Angeles. The cost of living in Palm Springs is 32% lower than San Francisco and 19% lower than Los Angeles. This means that residents in Palm Springs can enjoy a high quality of life without breaking the bank.
2. Affordable housing options Palm Springs offers a range of affordable housing options, from apartments and condos to single-family homes. The median home price in Palm Springs is $456,000, which is lower than the median home price in other California cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. Additionally, there are several affordable housing programs in the area that can help make homeownership more accessible to low-income residents which the team at Platinum Star Properties can help you with.
3. Low property taxes In addition to affordable housing options, Palm Springs also has relatively low property taxes. This means that homeowners in Palm Springs can save money on their property taxes each year, making homeownership more affordable in the long run.
4. Access to affordable healthcare Palm Springs is home to several affordable healthcare options, including the Desert AIDS Project and the Palm Springs Health Center. These healthcare providers offer low-cost or free medical services to residents who are uninsured or underinsured. Additionally, many healthcare providers in the area offer sliding scale fees based on income, making healthcare more affordable for low-income residents.
5. Access to affordable entertainment Living in Palm Springs doesn't mean sacrificing entertainment options. The city offers a variety of affordable activities for residents, including hiking and exploring nearby natural attractions like Joshua Tree National Park. Additionally, many local businesses offer discounts or specials for residents, making it easier to enjoy the local dining and entertainment scene without breaking the bank.
In conclusion, while Palm Springs may have a reputation for being an expensive place to live, there are several factors that make it an affordable option for those looking to call it home. From lower housing costs and property taxes to access to affordable healthcare and entertainment options, Palm Springs has a lot to offer residents who are looking to enjoy a high quality of life without breaking the bank. Thinking of looking and buying in Palm Springs or one of its surrounding cities, reach out to the Platinum Star Properties team for assistance. We’re help to help you today!